How do you buy a new Fiat 500 through Amazon? If you live in Italy it works like this.
- Find the Fiat vehicle you like on Amazon.it. You’ll see that Fiat models have upfront prices at very attractive discounts.
- Purchase the “Welcome Kit” for around EUR 180. This includes the dealer’s offer code for picking up the car at the posted price, a brochure, and a hat. The Welcome Kit is calculated into the final price and appears to be a small down-payment committing the customer to the transaction.
- The Amazon Call Center then contacts the shopper and coordinates an appointment at the Fiat dealer of the customer’s choice.
- The customer makes an appointment to visit the dealer, complete paperwork and take delivery.
Amazon/FCA and the participating Fiat dealers are offering upfront pricing and a convenient way to select and take delivery of a new vehicle. Amazon is reducing the friction in the transaction so that committing to purchase a car can be done with one-click.
US dealers should consider adopting an Upfront Pricing business model to eliminate the friction introduced by negotiation. Can you imagine Amazon engaging in online negotiation? Of course not. Amazon wants the shortest line between desire and purchase and they work tirelessly to eliminate any “speed bumps” in the online purchase process.
Ryan Adams Group guides dealers who are converting to Upfront Pricing so they can compete by providing a more transparent, customer-friendly way of selling cars.
Read a review (translated to English) from an Italian customer who purchased his new Fiat through Amazon.
5 of 5 stars A beautiful experience
DaMattia Sanfilippoil 3 December 2016
Color: White | Verified Purchase
EDIT 05/01/17: On January 3 I retired my 500! I added a photo to the review.
-I decided to buy the 500 Lounge version via Amazon because the offer was really convenient. So I took the first step and bought the Welcome Kit at 180 €. With my first subscription, the package arrived the next day. The package consists of:
– New Fiat 500 catalog (very eye-catching and well-kept in details)
– Red cap with FIAT logo
– Coupons to be delivered to the dealer.
After a few hours of delivery of the welcome kit, Amazon’s customer care telephoned me congratulating on choosing Amazon and FCA as the seller of my new car and explaining to me the details of what I would have to do in the following hours. After making the checks, I was assigned the most convenient dealer near my home (in this case the Mirafiori Motor Village in Turin).
A few hours later, I received a phone call from the dealer asking me to show me to the dealer after the appointment always taken at that time.
A few days later I went to the dealer, I received the final estimate (11300 € + 130 € of IPT excluded from the offer, which varies according to the province of residence) and I could conclude the purchase by signing all the documents. Remember to bring the Coupon present in the Welcome Kit and Amazon’s order confirmation (or receipt) !!
I take the opportunity to deny all the reviews that say it is not possible to make a loan. False, funding is ALWAYS possible with approval from the financial (in this case FCA Bank), quiet! So you can pay it all together, fund the entire amount of the order or give an advance and finance the rest.
The contract also provides a delivery date of 15 days following the order (or approval of the loan).
If you are going to buy a great city car, take advantage of this offer because you really save a lot of money (the value of the 500 Lounge + optional provided is € 16,000)
Really a nice experience, congratulations Amazon and FCA! 🙂